St Kilda Festival is a free celebration of community spirit, Australian music and the beautiful St Kilda foreshore.
Since the first St Kilda Festival in 1980, this well-loved annual summer celebration has established itself as an iconic event that brings hundreds of thousands of people together for one massive day of fun!
There’s a diverse program packed with music, dance, free activities for all ages, shops, markets, food and drink — something for everyone!
10am – 10pm, Sunday 10 February
- The Festival hosts seven stages of free live music, and in 2019 we are pleased to announce they will all be accessible to all ages! The full line-up is out now!
- Main Stage – featuring The Northern Folk, 2018 New Music Stage winners
- O’Donnell Gardens Stage – Kicking off with Hip Hop Yoga and rounding off the day with Slum Sociable and Dance Party!
- Alfred Square Stage – featuring rock royalty, Adalita and Dallas Frasca!
- New Music Stage – ten of the nation’s hottest emerging acts will battle it out for your vote, with the crowd favourite taking home $5,000 cash and an invitation to play the Main Stage at the 40th St Kilda Festival in 2020.
- Fitzroy Street Stage – featuring an all-Victorian line-up, including Two People and DRMNNOW
- The Push Stage – featuring the FReeZA Push Start Competition Grand Final, and headlined by Slowly Slowly!
- Songwriter’s Collective Stage – local singer/songwriters down near the St Kilda Pier
Catani Gardens will be transformed into a wonderland of fun and entertainment for the whole family. Featuring a stage of entertainment, roving performers, art installations, face painting, a kids carnival, activities and workshops – for the young and young at heart!
From bellydancing to beach volleyball, BMX stunts to bubble soccer, a Ratha Yatra Parade and Latin dance workshops, there is performances, workshops and entertainment galore!
The ever-popular carnival and sideshow alley return in 2019, located next to the Palais Theatre.
Peruse arts and crafts market stalls, find the ultimate festival accessories and the perfect Valentine’s gift – with over 80 unique market stalls throughout the Festival precinct.
FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!
The St Kilda Festival is pleased to welcome over 100 food trucks and stalls to the Festival precinct to keep over 400,000 mouths happy. Check back in the coming weeks for the full list of food providers at the Festival.
BARS AND RESTAURANTS
Fitzroy and Acland Streets come alive on Festival day, with a lot of local venues hosting special events and food & beverage specials!