Terms and Conditions
St Kilda Festival Design Competition
1. Entries open 9am Thursday 16 August, 2018.
2. Entry is limited to people currently living, working or studying in the City of Port Phillip (CoPP).
3. City of Port Phillip (CoPP) staff or judges of this competition are not eligible to enter.
4. All designs must be original artwork.
5. By entering the competition, entrants agree that they are the originator of the artwork.
6. Entrants must register their entry before midnight, Monday 17 September, 2018 by filling in the entry form.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Artwork can be submitted via the entry form or via email:
- ONLINE ENTRY FORM SUBMISSIONS can be uploaded in PDF, JPG, PNG or TIFF format at 300 dpi, with a maximum file size of 5MB.
- EMAIL SUBMISSIONS must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION' in the subject line. Please include your name, address and phone number in the body of the email. Artwork is to be attached to the email in PDF, JPEG or TIFF format at 300 dpi at A4 size, with a maximum file size of 5MB.
9. The personal information requested on the entry form is being collected by the St Kilda Festival and City of Port Phillip for the purpose of announcing and contacting the winner. The personal information will be used solely by the St Kilda Festival for the above primary purpose or directly related purposes. The entrant/s understand that the personal information provided is for the purpose of the competition and that he or she may apply to the St Kilda Festival for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and or correction should be made to the City of Port Phillip’s Privacy Officer by calling 9209 6777.
10. No entries will be accepted after the closing date.
11. Entrants are permitted to submit more than one (1) entry.
12. Each entry must be registered online separately.
13. Entries may not be withdrawn after 5pm Friday 21 September, 2018.
14. The winning entry will be unique to the 2019 St Kilda Festival and is not related to the organisation logo.
15. The winning entrant will be required to collaborate with the Festivals team and graphic design agency. Collaboration will include:
- Sending original electronic graphics file/s
- Allowing modifications to be made to the winning design/s
- Approving final design of the final image
16. By agreeing to these conditions, the winning entrant gives CoPP permission to manipulate the image, and elements of the image thereof, for use on marketing collateral, including but not limited to the official festival website, event signage, advertising artwork, accreditation, t-shirts and print program. Due to time constraints, the winning entrant will not be able to approve individual item designs.
17. The St Kilda Festival and CoPP reserve the right, (including beyond 2019), to use the image extensively and exclusively on promotional materials, on additional products and make use of the image in perpetuity for promotional purposes at its discretion and without fees or expenses being paid.
18. St Kilda Festival and CoPP are not obliged to use any of the images entered into this competition.
19. The St Kilda Festival and CoPP will assume no rights to the use of unsuccessful entries.
20. The winning entrant will be subsequently provided with an agreement including the above terms and conditions and negotiating the license. Payment of the $2,000 prize money will be made by cheque once the agreement has been signed and returned to the City of Port Phillip.
21. The image will be credited to the winner’s name on the official 2019 St Kilda Festival website.
22. By submitting your entry to this competition, you certify that you;
- agree with the terms and conditions
- are the original and sole holder of the copyright to the image/s that you submit
- have the authority to license the usage of the image to the City of Port Phillip