About the Design Competition
Want to win $2,000 and see your design plastered around St Kilda, Melbourne and beyond?
Entry is free and open to people living, working or studying in the City of Port Phillip, with all professional, amateur and student creatives encouraged to apply. The competition is open to any interpretation and any style of design including mixed media, and the winning design will be incorporated into the Festival’s promotional materials in the lead up to, and during the Festival, and becomes immortalised in the Festival’s story.
Entries close midnight, Wednesday 25 September 2019.
Hailed as Australia’s largest free music festival, the St Kilda Festival routinely attracts over 400,000 attendees. The surrounding streets of St Kilda are closed to traffic with the pick of Australia's top musicians playing over multiple stages, while people are entertained with a vast range of performances, workshops, kids’ entertainment, market stalls, sports, dance, carnival rides, buskers and a whole lot more. An Australian tradition, it is a celebration of summer, showcasing Australian artists and talents against the spectacular natural beauty of the St Kilda foreshore.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a strong image or design that reflects, promotes and celebrates the St Kilda Festival. The winning design will capture the vibrancy, spirit and atmosphere of the Festival, with the image to be incorporated into all promotional materials in the lead up to and during the 2020 event to be held on Sunday 9 February. The competition is open to any interpretation and any style of design.
In 2020 St Kilda Festival will celebrate its 40th year since the first Festival was held in 1980. Designs that incorporate themes related to this anniversary (e.g. 1980s, 40 years, historical St Kilda) will be well received.
Some things to consider
- The chosen image must be suitable and adaptable to a variety of applications including: website, advertising, digital communications and event signage.
- The image must have a wide appeal and the capacity to engage an audience of varied ages and backgrounds.
- Images that represent or incorporate violence, pornography, alcohol consumption, gambling or anti-social behaviour will not be considered.
- No corporate/commercial logos or brands, or anything identifiable as such can be included.
It is not necessary to include the Festival name or Festival dates in your design – we just want you to focus on the image! If you would however like to include this information; non-mandatory text/logos that can be included in your design are;
- St Kilda Festival Logo
- Sunday 9 February 2020
Australia's Largest Music Festival
- Please note: The final image may have changes and minor adjustments made in consultation with the St Kilda Festival team. The image will also be modified or cropped to suit various usages as required. Please read the terms and conditions for full details.
Pictured: The winning 2019 St Kilda Festival design, created by Anita Lester