Each year, residents and businesses of the City of Port Phillip—in particular St Kilda—host one of Victoria’s biggest and longest-running cultural events. Over the last 38 years, the St Kilda Festival has evolved into a massive, high-profile event on the summer festival calendar, spanning venues and locations across the St Kilda precinct and attracting crowds of over 400,000 to the area on the day.
Stay in touch
From 8 January, residents are encouraged to visit this website for details on how the local area is affected, and a dedicated hotline number is provided for residents and businesses to obtain further information.
Information kits will be distributed to residents and businesses in the Festival precinct detailing how the Festival will affect their local area. If you need to get in touch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ASSIST on (03) 9209 6777 with any questions or feedback.
The City of Port Phillip works hard to minimise disruption to local residents during the Festival. Each year, we work closely with Victoria Police to ensure that the Festival runs smoothly and safely, with as little impact on the local surroundings as possible. As with any event of this scale, some changes will be in place for the Festival that impact the surrounding area, including:
The St Kilda Festival precinct is a dry zone except for designated licensed areas.
St Kilda Festival is car-free within the Festival Precinct. Road closures will be in place for St Kilda Festival from 3am on 10 February 2019. Please sees the Road Closure Map for details. Residents in affected areas are issued with access passes, and maps detailing road closures and vehicle entry and exit points.
Visitors to St Kilda during the Festival are encouraged to take public transport to minimise traffic congestion and the impact on the environment, and additional tram services are provided to cater for increased usage.
- The taxi rank located at the corner of Fitzroy Street and Acland Street will closed on Sunday, 10th February 2019.
- Temporary Taxi Rank Locations will be located on:
- Fitzroy Street along the Junction Oval
- Marine Parade between Shakespeare Grove and Blessington Street
- All rideshare phone apps will geo-block riders selecting any area within the road closure to limit traffic (including your address).
- There will be two rideshare points adjacent to the Festival precinct located on:
- Beaconsfield Parade, between Cowderoy St and Mary St, on the Catani Gardens side
- Marine Parade, opposite Shakespeare Grove
- If you are a car share customer, of companies such as Green Share, GoGet, Pop Car, Flexicar (Hertz) or RACV Car Share, then there will be some service changes to vehicle locations around the time of the Festival.
- In particular, any vehicle locations within the full road closures will be temporarily unavailable.
- Please contact the companies directly if you have any questions around their alternative arrangements and locations during this time.